Uselessness With a Twist

Friday, March 27, 2009

Afreeka


The first thing you might notice about this post is that it's been eight months since the last post. It's not laziness; I promise.

Perhaps explanations are in order. I left the U.S. in late August 2008 to take a contract job for a UN Agency in Mozambique. In my office in the capital, Maputo, our internet connection can be sketchy. Outside of the office, I don't have internet connectivity. Initially I was just coming over until the end of December. Had I known I would be here this long, I would have probably gotten internet in my house. Add the internet issue to the fact that I showed up here to start a new project from scratch that was already several months behind the eight ball, and it all adds up to no time for B&G.

But now I'm on my way out. My contract ends on April 30, and I've decided not to extend. In an attempt to record a few passing observations and impressions of my life in Mozambique before I leave, I'll try to update B&G a few times over the next month.

1 comment:

KP said...

i'm soooo glad B&G is back! Now if we can get you back in NC..